The HOPE BARRIER of DESIRE
You can use TIP 2 when you have trouble communicating, building better relationships, etc. with your boyfriend, girlfriend, family, mother, father, mom, dad, sister, brother, teenager, peer, sibling, parent, boss, coworker, employee, pastor, neighbor, friend, enemy, partner, significant other, yourself, God, your Creator, when rejected, when you feel hopeless, confused, denied, rejected, lost, stuck, confused, defeated, mistreated, misunderstood, angry, depressed, lost, or any other way and want ideas to do something positive, constructive, healing, helpful, restorative (restore or restoring), and or hopeful. When you have feelings of fighting, feeling lonely, considering retribution, getting even, being harmful, mean, ending communication, leaving a relationship, seeking revenge, harming, or other dysfunctional ideas, review the tips for help, and then consider getting counsel or other resources to help you in "loving and being loved".
BARRIER 2 to FINDING HOPE:
Desire, when not controlled, can keep this simple formula from working for you..
- Desire: The H.O.P.E. Formula helps you with motivation. You have to be motivated enough to really want hope. Some struggle with this hope barrier.
- You have to overcome the humanistic voices that say “You can do it by yourself”, and that takes painful humbling to achieve. Without being broken of our self-will (the desire to be the god of our lives), surrendering to hope is impossible.
- You need to desire to live your life in obedience to how you were created.
- In terms of the Serenity Prayer, you are choosing to “know”.
- You will learn how to “hunger and thirst” for the hope-filled life.