The HOPE BARRIER of CHOICE
You can use TIP 2 when you have trouble communicating, building better relationships, etc. with your boyfriend, girlfriend, family, mother, father, mom, dad, sister, brother, teenager, peer, sibling, parent, boss, coworker, employee, pastor, neighbor, friend, enemy, partner, significant other, yourself, God, your Creator, when rejected, when you feel hopeless, confused, denied, rejected, lost, stuck, confused, defeated, mistreated, misunderstood, angry, depressed, lost, or any other way and want ideas to do something positive, constructive, healing, helpful, restorative (restore or restoring), and or hopeful. When you have feelings of fighting, feeling lonely, considering retribution, getting even, being harmful, mean, ending communication, leaving a relationship, seeking revenge, harming, or other dysfunctional ideas, review the tips for help, and then consider getting counsel or other resources to help you in "loving and being loved".
BARRIER 1 to FINDING HOPE:
Not "choosing 2 choose" can keep this simple formula from working for you.
- Choice: The H.O.P.E. Formula helps you with choices. You have to “Choose to Choose” action. Some struggle with this hope barrier.
- As the old adage states, “You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink”. So you too can know truth and refuse to act upon its’ wisdom.
- Living a hope-filled life is a series of choices only you can make.
- In terms of the Serenity Prayer, you are choosing to “change”.
- You will learn that hope is always “lived in the NOW”.