Third Sunday in December
Devotion Focus: LOVE
- Begin: Have everyone bow their heads and pray for God’s blessing.
- Light the Prophecy, Bethlehem, and Shepherd’s candles, then light the third purple, or Angels Candle – the candle of LOVE.
- Reading: Luke wrote in his gospel, “Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people.” The angel Gabriel brought news of God’s LOVE to Mary, Joseph, Zechariah, Elizabeth, and a host of others. Mary’s son, Jesus, was God’s LOVE among us. Elizabeth’s son, John the Baptist, was to prepare others to hear the good news of God’s LOVE. Just like our gifts are wrapped, the events of Christmas are wrapped in God’s LOVE. On this fourth Sunday of advent, celebrate your images of LOVE God has put in your life. Accept your design, trust God to meet your needs, and live your life to serve others in all your relationships. Know that you belong, that your worth is immeasurable, and that your competencies are unique gifts to you. Finally, find your purpose (vocation and calling), be motivated and energized by LOVE, and learn to be fulfilled wherever you fit in life. Celebrate the LOVING gifts of forgiveness from sin, freedom over sin, and fullness of a life loving your Creator. Fill this Christmas with LOVE!
- Prayer: Father, help me to celebrate LOVING and being LOVED this Christmas.
- Thought: LOVING and being LOVED are choices that only I can make for my life’s story.
- Optional Activity: Discuss how to apply unconditional, limitless love.
- What should these words of Jesus about LOVE mean to how we make life choices? “Greater LOVE hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” (John 5:13)
Baby Jesus We Love You
Love Grows at Christmastime
From the movie "Christmas Jars"
One Voice Children's Choir
Christmas This Year
Born on that Day
FLASH MOB VIDEO
(People responding to the TRUTH)