Devotion Focus: PURITY
- Begin: Have everyone bow their heads and pray for God’s blessing.
- Light the Prophecy, Bethlehem, Shepherd’s, and Angels candles, then light the white (center), or Christ Candle – the candle of PURITY.
- Reading: Our problem in knowing and loving God has always been sin. Sin separates and destroys relationships. Jesus came to earth to shine the lights of HOPE, PEACE, JOY, and most importantly, LOVE. He told us, “… I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” (John 8:12) He taught us that, “No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light.” (Luke 11:33) God provided forgiveness, freedom, and fulfillment to allow us to live a PURE (holy) life and be in the presence of a Holy God. Jesus became our righteousness, or PURITY, to make this possible. What a wonderful gift! Christmas is a time to share our faith with others as PURE and godly believers. The best way we can do this is to love each other!
- Prayer: Father, help us to share the love of Jesus as PURE and righteous lights to our world.
- Thought: Like yeast or the mustard seed, even the smallest, PURE light can overcome darkness.
- Optional Activity: Pick one or more topics below to contemplate or discuss.
- How does PURITY help us “walk in light”? What does it mean to “walk in darkness”? Which is the better choice? What blessing and promises come from living a “PURE” life?
- How can you share with others that the many lights of Christmas can remind us of Jesus’ light in our lives? How does living a PURE (righteous) life accomplish this?
When I Think Upon Christmas
Worship Together Kids
Christmas is Jesus
Go Kids Music
He Shall Reign Forevermore
Fall On Your Knees
David Phelps - Charlotte Ritchie
Mary, Did You Know?
FLASH MOB VIDEO
(People responding to the TRUTH)
O Come All Ye Faithful
The Five Strings