Advent Study – DAY 2
You are Invited
Everybody Needs Hope!
Dr. Gill, in his book “Imaginations”, observed that “Hope is to the human mind and soul what air is to the lungs; without hope we cannot breathe. Spiritual hope is absolutely essential to the human Spirit. Our quality of life is dependent on hope.” God knew this – He designed us this way! He has always provided a way of HOPE for his creation. When you “Hook-Up” to the Father’s plan, nothing In life can leave you hopeless!
Message of HOPE:
- “Jesus asked, ‘Do you finally believe? But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.’” John 16:31-33 NLT
will always be challenged:
Jesus gave us a “heads-up” we would need his HOPE: Your Advent Card has a black box surrounding two trees. This displays how sin separates us from our loving Creator and presents a challenge to everyone in reconnecting to their Creator’s HOPE (follow the green upwards behind the bulbs). Each tree represents a choice – to connect or not to connect with his HOPE. If we choose to “Hook-Up”, we can actually enter God’s spiritual Kingdom “NOW” and start experiencing the Heavenly Kingdom each day. We face three challenges in “Hooking-Up” to a life of HOPE. This Advent study will help navigate them safely.
1) The Challenge of Self: Even if you are blessed to have been raised with a knowledge of the Christian Bible and the TRUTHS of Christ, finding and maintaining HOPE is still a challenge - yet it is so important to accomplish. You were designed to “love and be loved”. Since love must always be your voluntary choice, you were also designed with the choice to reject love and pursue self or even evil. Thus, your own will and choices become your first challenges. This was a risk God took so that any relationship with him would be genuine and from our hearts. Honest, selfless (agape) love can never be demanded.
2) The Challenge of Family and Friends: The next challenges to HOPE come from those around you – no parents, family, church, school, or society is pure, or without its faults and failures. All of them have sinned (Romans 3:23). It is easy to let others tempt you to doubt God’s love and TRUTH. Thankfully, bad or unfortunate experiences can never block our journey of HOPE - unless we let them.
3) The Challenge of Satan: Adding to the first two challenges, and building on them as well, are the challenges direct from Satan and his followers. There are so many “almost true” voices to sort out. Many messages around us present these half-truths. It is difficult to detect their underlying errors. It is often easier and more popular just to follow them without a challenge. Satan uses many of the good things God has given us, like pleasure, power, and righteous pride, to misdirect our life choices. They can be corrupted to give false hopes and presumptions that fail us in the end. Well respected institutions of education, government, entertainment, employment, and even worship can unintentionally or even purposefully capture our souls with falsehoods that can separate us from the Creator’s HOPE. Intellectualism, secularism, rationalism, relativism, and a host of other ‘isms’ all challenge the TRUTHS of Jesus, and need to be seen from His perspective to preserve God’s relationship and His HOPE.
the Odds for HOPE?
Throughout time, with all these challenges, many seem to never find and live in Jesus’ HOPE. As of 2 AM. October 12, there were an estimated 7,899,231,089 people living, increasing nearly ten thousand an hour. Most estimates of the number of human beings who have ever lived range from 90 to 110 billion. Of the nearly 8 billion alive today, less than one third live in Christian contexts where the Good News of Jesus’ HOPE could be shared. Only God knows how many of them have discovered the personal relationship of HOPE in Christ.
The H.O.P.E. Formula:
You have an invitation; now make a plan. Your Advent Card has a formula on the left side, starting at the bottom. We will be exploring this pathway of Jesus to your personal HOPE for the next 23 days. Whenever we fail or lose H.O.P.E, we can simply follow its four steps:
- Hook-Up to the Father through a simple prayer of faith.
- Obey what you know to be TRUE from His Word immediately.
- Praise Him promptly for life, forgiveness, belonging, and His Love.
- Enjoy looking for, and being thankful for, His presence in your joy or sorrow.
It can be used daily, moment-by-moment, and for all of your life. Enjoy!
We are Royalty
Preschool Worship Song
God is For Me
Maker Fun Factory Music
Turn Your Eyes - Look Up
Turn Your Eyes - Look Up
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace
Turn your eyes to the hillside
Where justice and mercy embraced
There the Son of God gave His life for us
And our measureless debt was erased
Jesus, to You we lift our eyes
Jesus, our glory and our prize
We adore You, behold You, our Savior ever true
Oh Jesus, we turn our eyes to You
Turn your eyes to the morning
And see Christ the Lion awake
What a glorious dawn, fear of death is gone
For we carry His life in our veins
Turn your eyes to the heavens
Our King will return for His own
Every knee will bow, every tongue will shout,
‘All glory to Jesus alone!’
The Truth Is Here
Yasra - TESTIMONY
Where do you want to go?
Where do the Blue Navigation "Clicks" found at the bottom of this, and each page, take you?
"Q & A " - hope-24-7.com Key Contents Page
"ADVENT STUDY " - "Christmas is Hope" INDEX/Selection Page
- "< Prev" - The previous Study
- "Next >" - The next Study "Home " - hope-24-7.com Main Site Page