Advent Study – DAY 8
HOPE GIFT #3:
the Gift of Fulfillment!
You are full of something! In Matthew 6:21-23 Jesus says it is either " light " or "-darkness-". Combinations do not count. God wants to give you the “Gift of Fullness”, and that requires being “filled with his TRUTH and light”. He wants to fill your life with “light”, not “darkness”. Jesus went on to say, “You [loving] parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.“ (Matthew 7:9-11 NLT [Insertion Mine]).
Be full of good things: God wants your life to be full of good things, especially His love. When reading Jesus’ Fulfillment Messages of HOPE below, you can see some of the wonderful things God has planned for your life if you follow him. In John 16:23 God asks you to talk to him, and even call him by name. This is another reminder that He wants a relationship with you on a personal level. He also wants you to have “a rich and satisfying life.” (John 10:10 NLT). God wants you to work with him, and do even greater things than you can imagine (John 1:50 & 14:12). He wants to work with you as a family member (John 5:19). On the Advent Card, bulbs “10-25” will address many of these protections, blessings, and promises. While other options for life are available to you, as seen in the second tree, none can match the HOPE for life that comes by “Hooking-Up” to the Father through God’s Gifts of Forgiveness, Freedom, and Fulfillment. Some have wisely said, “Why go rogue when you can go vogue?” Why live life on your own? The fullest life possible, both here and hereafter, is with Him. Jesus explained the value of “Hooking-Up” when he said, “Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy.” (John 17:13 NLT). Jesus wants you to be joyful – NOW and forever!
Messages of HOPE:
- Matthew 6:21-29 NLT “Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is unhealthy, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money. “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?”
- Matthew 7:9-11 NLT “You [loving] parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.“
- John 16:23 NLT “At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name.”
- John 10:10 NLT “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.“
- John 14:12 NLT “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.”
- John 1:50 NLT “Jesus asked him, ‘Do you believe this just because I told you I had seen you under the fig tree? You will see greater things than this.’”
- John 5:19 NLT “So Jesus explained, ‘I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.’”
- John 8:12 “Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’”
- Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Mark 9:23 ESV “And Jesus said to him, '... All things are possible for one who believes.’”
Messages of HOPE:
- Psalm 37:4 “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”
- Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
- Psalm 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore”.
- Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them. And God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.’"
- Hebrews 11:1,3 ESV “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.”
- Joshua 1:8 ESV “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.”
- Philippians 1:6 ESV “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
- Psalm 23:1 ESV “A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.”
- Psalm 91:1-6 ESV “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’ For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...”
- Philippians 3:8 ESV “Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.”
Peace Like a River
Stand Strong | Kingdom Rock
God Is So Good
God Is So Good (You Are Worthy)
Where do you want to go?
Where do the Blue Navigation "Clicks" found at the bottom of this, and each page, take you?
"Q & A " - hope-24-7.com Key Contents Page
"ADVENT STUDY " - "Christmas is Hope" INDEX/Selection Page
- "< Prev" - The previous Study
- "Next >" - The next Study "Home " - hope-24-7.com Main Site Page