Advent Study – DAY 15
HOPE – Knowing Jesus
WORDS and TRUTHS of HOPE!
Created for Relationships: The Creator of the universe and of your soul cannot be fully understood with the finite mind. While the Creator is actually three, persons, He is still only one God. Unlike false gods, the Creator is, by His own descriptions, a powerful and loving relationship between God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They/He define themselves as “Love”. Some call them the Trinity. The Creators call themselves “One God” in three persons. Since we are created in God’s Image, we were designed to relate to ourselves, others, and God. We were created in God’s IMAGE for relationships!
Relationships use Words: People in relationships link through communication, and communication uses language. Language, in turn, uses words, or word equilivants. Truthful words have meanings and can be defined for understanding. God’s Words are clearly defined in divinely revealed Scripture. Enemies of God, and your soul, have always attempted to redefine God’s words. The reason is simple - words are used to communicate truth. God’s Words are the most reliable measure of TRUTHS about HOPE.
At Christmas, God sent His “Word and TRUTH” to us in Jesus: To communicate His TRUTH to us, Jesus was and is “The God’s Words made flesh” (John 1:14). Since Jesus is also “The way, the TRUTH, and the Life” (John 14:6), his Words are the TRUTHS of our HOPE. Jesus is “The Living Word” (Isaiah 55:1-3). He is the only Truth that can be our light through darkness. Jesus is also “The Light” (John 8:12).
Words are either “TRUTH” or “lies”: True HOPE for a full life can only be built on TRUTH. Since the many voices from within and without are competing for your trust and beliefs, you need a way to measure their truths. The answer is really quite straightforward: If words do not agree with God’s Word, which is Jesus, they are most likely “lies”. God will help you discern His TRUTH.
The H.O.P.E. Formula is based on God’s TRUTHS, that is, His Words in Scripture: Bulbs/Lights “15-18” address the importance of knowing how to discern TRUTH from lies. These “Words of TRUTH” were Jesus’ secret to navigating a HOPE-filled life. They will never let you down.
WORDS and TRUTHS
of God for
“Hooking-Up” Words: Satan has tried to ruin these words, as he has so many others. What does it really mean to “Hook-Up”? In God's vocabulary, it means to "connect" in the best of ways. It reflects a genuine relationship. Another word that expresses the same Biblical concept would be “salvation”, or being “born again”. It is when we “GIVE UP” our old, ineffective ways to accept the HOPE of Jesus’ gracious forgiveness. We reconnect to a transforming relationship with our Creators. It is when we join God’s Kingdom and connect to His forever family. Other words that reflect the benefits and power of "hooking-up" to God's love could include conversion, atonement, regeneration, adoption, redemption, deliverance, pardon, and recovery.
Take 5 Minutes to Read the WORD/TRUTH about the Hooking-Up” Bulbs: These are only selections. Look up the verses around them. Realize that they all fit together in some way. Increase your passion to know and follow Christs Words of Truth in your life. Every time you trust and believe in them, you are doing something eternal. Matthew 24:35 NLT “Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.”
- Matthew 22:16 (NKJV) “And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, ‘Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.’”
- Psalm 119:160 (NKJV) “The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.”
- John 1:14 (NKJV) “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”
- Psalm 119:30 (NKJV) “I have chosen the way of truth; Your judgments I have laid before me.”
- Psalm 145:18 (NKJV) “The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.”
- Psalm 31:5 (NKJV) “Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.”
- Psalm 96:13 (NKJV) “For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth.”
- Daniel 9:13 (NKJV) “As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us; yet we have not made our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth.”
- Mark 5:33 (NKJV) “But the woman, fearing and trembling, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth.”
- Psalm 117:2 (NKJV) “For His merciful kindness is great toward us, And the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD!”
- Jeremiah 5:1 (NKJV) "Run to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem; See now and know; And seek in her open places If you can find a man, If there is anyone who executes judgment, Who seeks the truth, And I will pardon her.”
- Galatians 5:1 NLT “So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.”
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 ESV “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
- 1 Peter 2:16 ESV “Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.”
- Luke 1:45 NLT “And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord.”
- 1 John 1:4 “These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.”
- John 17:17 ESV “Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”
- John 15:11 “These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.”
- John 11:25“Jesus told her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.’”
- John 11:24 “Martha said to Him, ‘I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.’”
- 1 Corinthians 15:50-52 “Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.”
Thats The Book For Me!
Kids Praise and Worship
Truth I'm Standing On
(Words of Jesus = TRUTH)
Where do you want to go?
Where do the Blue Navigation "Clicks" found at the bottom of this, and each page, take you?
"Q & A " - hope-24-7.com Key Contents Page
"ADVENT STUDY " - "Christmas is Hope" INDEX/Selection Page
- "< Prev" - The previous Study
- "Next >" - The next Study "Home " - hope-24-7.com Main Site Page