Advent Study – DAY 17
HOPE – Praising Jesus
WORDS and TRUTHS
of God for
“Praising (and Enjoying)” Words: These words go together, but we will look at “Praise” first. What does it mean to “Praise”? Praise expresses a “consecrated life”, or “walking in the Light”. It is the outflowing of joy and peace we get when we “LIVE UP” and practice the fruits of God’s blessings, protections, and promises of God’s Kingdom. Other words could include exalt, glorify, magnify, thank, anoint, dedicate, worship, fellowship, and celebrate, or calling, purpose, belonging, love, and clear-conscience, to name only a few.
Take 5 Minutes to Read the WORD/TRUTH about the “Praising” Bulbs: These are only selections. Look up the verses around them. Realize that they all fit together in some way. Increase your passion to know and follow Christs Words of Truth in your life. Every time you trust and believe in them, you are doing something eternal. Isaiah 40:8 ESV “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.”
- Psalm 136:1-26 ESV “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of gods, for his steadfast love endures forever. Give thanks to the Lord of lords, for his steadfast love endures forever; to him who alone does great wonders, for his steadfast love endures forever; to him who by understanding made the heavens, for his steadfast love endures forever; ... “
Truth/Worship – Revering a Holy God
- 1 Samuel 12:24 (NKJV) “ Only fear the LORD, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you.”
- Mark 12:32 (NKJV) “So the scribe said to Him, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.”
- Luke 22:42 NLT “Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”
- Job 22:21 NLT “Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you.”
- James 4:7 NLT “So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
- Philippians 4:19 NLT “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 “Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. ‘For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.’ And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.”
Truth/Consecration to a Holy God
- Psalm 15:2 (NKJV) “He who walks uprightly, And works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart;”
- Psalm 86:11 (NKJV) “Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.”
- 1 Kings 3:6 (NKJV) “And Solomon said: You have shown great mercy to Your servant David my father, because he walked before You in truth, in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with You; You have continued this great kindness for him, and You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is day.”
This Is The Day
That The Lord Has Made!
and more songs (27 MINUTES)
The Joy of Praising God
Footprints in the Sand
Jesus Cares for Me
Where do you want to go?
Where do the Blue Navigation "Clicks" found at the bottom of this, and each page, take you?
"Q & A " - hope-24-7.com Key Contents Page
"ADVENT STUDY " - "Christmas is Hope" INDEX/Selection Page
- "< Prev" - The previous Study
- "Next >" - The next Study "Home " - hope-24-7.com Main Site Page