Advent Study – DAY 21
Trusting a Holy God
With ‘Trusting” Praise!
Trusting Calms our HOPE: Healthy relationships need trust. Trust is so easy to break and so difficult to rebuild, but it is necessary. Trust involves our belief in the other person, and the H.O.P.E Formula can help us anticipate God’s provisions for our HOPE. It causes us to rethink our relationships. Phrases five and six make sure we praise God for His promises, in both our physical lives and in our relationships. We can pray them generally or specifically. We can use them both together, or individually, depending on our needs.
Jesus’ “Trust” Message of HOPE:
- Matthew 6:11-12 “Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” (NKJV) “Give us today the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us.” (NLT)
The HOPE of Trust in Praise: How do we remember to ask God for our needs before we rush ahead to meet them with only our own resources? He wants to provide. He wants us to ask Him.
- The fifth phrase, “Give us this day our daily bread, …“, helps us focus on our physical needs – food, shelter, work, school, health, etc. Jesus prayed for our physical needs first. It is hard to concentrate on anything when you are hungry, homeless, or hurting. The request helps ignite a TRUTH of God’s Word – our Father cares for these needs no matter how large or small they may seem. We are invited to “ask”.
- The sixth phrase, “… and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.”, helps us focus on our relationship needs – with our self, family, friends, associates, neighbors, and our Creator. It reminds us of God’s rule – when improving relationships, we must take the first step. It helps us bypass the “blame game” and love others like He has loved us – first, and especially when we did not deserve it.
This prayer helps put our beliefs into action immediately and trust God to be in charge of the outcomes.
No Matter What I’m Facing
Your Power Will Pull Us Through
'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus
Trust in Jesus
Trust and Obey
Where do you want to go?
Where do the Blue Navigation "Clicks" found at the bottom of this, and each page, take you?
"Q & A " - hope-24-7.com Key Contents Page
"ADVENT STUDY " - "Christmas is Hope" INDEX/Selection Page
- "< Prev" - The previous Study
- "Next >" - The next Study "Home " - hope-24-7.com Main Site Page