Advent Study – DAY 22
Knowing a Holy God
With “Knowing” Praise!
Knowing the Father is our HOPE: Knowing someone in charge can often solve many of life’s problems. It is even more useful if you have a good relationship with them. God has allowed us to know Him through His Son, Jesus. When we know Jesus, we can also know TRUTH, an important understanding to make godly choices for HOPE. Instead of rituals, priests, and sacrifices, we can open our hearts door to his forgiveness, freedom, and grace. That alone should put the “sound of praise” in our prayers and in our actions. Phrases seven and eight encourage us to:
- Seek help,
- Not “go-it-alone, and
- Remember the larger goals involved in our choices.
When citing the Lord’s Prayer, you are actually approaching the author of your Hope! He knows the rules and can steer you around the landmines of sin and regret. There is no doubt He has both the desire and resources to accept your praise. and that He welcomes you back to an intimate relationship with Him.
Jesus’ Message of HOPE in
Knowing the Father:
- Matthew 6:13 “And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever…” (NKJV) “And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.” (NLT)
Knowing and Praising the Father Personalizes our HOPE: Why is it so difficult to ask for help? Part of the reason is that we have to admit our weakness or errors. It is easier to hide or delay accountability. We forget that the consequence is a marred relationship with various degrees of pain. It is impossible to repent if we are in denial, or are hiding from God.
- The seventh phrase, “And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. , …“, helps us renunciate our sins and launches us beyond the tendency to conceal our failures. It allows us to be “face-to-face” with Christ so we can seek his forgiveness and help.
- The eighth phrase, “For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever…”, prepares us for the last step of the H.O.P.E Formula – to “Enjoy”. A clear conscience, and a sincere resolve to use God’s help, bring “true praise” to our lives. Our HOPE is renewed. We know that things are going to be “okay”, regardless of any consequences we must face. We are back in good standing with our Creator. We are ready to experience more of God’s blessings as a part of his “Forever Family”.
This prayer of praise, taught by Jesus, works – it helps us know our Father and ourselves better! It reinforces our HOPE.
2 Peter 3:18 (Glory, Glory, Glory)
Forever Love, Forever God
I Want to Know You More
What a Friend + The Blessing
What a Friend We Have in Jesus
Gracias Choir - Sooyeon Lee
Where do you want to go?
Where do the Blue Navigation "Clicks" found at the bottom of this, and each page, take you?
"Q & A " - hope-24-7.com Key Contents Page
"ADVENT STUDY " - "Christmas is Hope" INDEX/Selection Page
- "< Prev" - The previous Study
- "Next >" - The next Study "Home " - hope-24-7.com Main Site Page