Advent Study – DAY 23
“Enjoyment of Blessings” in HOPE!
On the Advent Card, the top 3 lights/bulbs (“23, 24, and 25”) represent the fourth step in the H.O.P.E Formula. The “Enjoy” step is done together with the “Praise” step, so you could say there are really only 3 steps to the H.O.P.E. Formula. All 66 books of the Christian Bible contain passages that could qualify for something believers should “enjoy”. Each book contains TRUTH, and that alone should bring “joy” to you. Three areas have been selected for this celebration: The Beatitudes in bulb “23”, the Love Chapter in bulb “24”, and the Fruits of the Spirit in bulb “25”.
Jesus’ Message of HOPE –
- Matthew 5:3-15 NLT
Blessings to Enjoy
- 3 “God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.”
- 4 “God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”
- 5 “God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.”
- 6 “God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied.”
- 7 “God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.”
- 8 “God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.”
- 9 “God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God.”
- 10 “God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.”
- 11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers."
- 12 "Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way."
The HOPE of
Kingdom Family Blessings:
These are blessings you get from “Hooking-Up” and “Obeying”. Each one is a result of a believer’s choices. Can you find all 12 choices in these verses? The resulting “blessings”, or “rewards” should bring “joy” to your life. Can you find all the blessings to enjoy?
- Which of these action or attitude choices did you identify?
- Here they are: Realizing the need for God (v3), mourning (v4), humility (v5), hunger and thirst for justice (v6), merciful (v7), pure heart (v8), work for peace (v9), persecuted for doing right (v10), being a Christ follower (v11), and happiness in being like the prophets (v12)? Which ones are you working on?
- Which of these blessings or rewards are you enjoying most?
- Here they are: Belonging to the Kingdom of Heaven (v3), comfort (v4), inheritance (v5), satisfaction (v6), mercy (v7), seeing God (v8), being a child of God (v9), ownership in the Kingdom of Heaven (v10), blessings in persecution (v11), and happiness of future rewards (v12)? How many did you select?
Promise Holding On to Me
Joy Joy Joy
(His Love Endures Forever)
Count Your Blessings
Where do you want to go?
Where do the Blue Navigation "Clicks" found at the bottom of this, and each page, take you?
"Q & A " - hope-24-7.com Key Contents Page
"ADVENT STUDY " - "Christmas is Hope" INDEX/Selection Page
- "< Prev" - The previous Study
- "Next >" - The next Study "Home " - hope-24-7.com Main Site Page