Advent Study – DAY 24
Enjoying God’s Love
Celebrating Enjoyment of
“Love” in HOPE!
Mike Bennett writes in his blog on love, “From beginning to end, the Bible is a book about love by an Author who is love. But one chapter has become famous as the Love Chapter: 1 Corinthians 13.” He is right. All 66 books contribute to the theme of our Creator trying to relate to His creation in love. He desires us to avoid judgment and separation. He wants us to “Hook-Up” to His Kingdom and join His “forever family”. What is so fascinating about this chapter? How does or can it bring us “Enjoyment”? Start by reading it for yourself.
Jesus’ Message of HOPE –
“The Love Chapter”:
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 NLT
Nothing is Greater than Love: 1-3
- 1 “If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.”
Things Love “Is” and “Is Not’: 4 -7
- 4 “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.”
Love Endures Forever: 8-10
- 8 “Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.”
Love Brings Maturity: 11-12
- 11 “When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.”
Faith, HOPE, and Love: 13
- 13 “Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.”
Do you agree/believe?
This chapter is amazing, and speaks for itself.
- Nothing is Greater than Love: 1-3
Do you agree that, “when love is removed from anything”, those things “lose their true value”?
- Things Love “Is” and “Is Not’: 4 -7
Do you agree that love is patient, is kind, is not jealous, or boastful, or proud, or rude, or demanding of its own way, or irritable, and that it does not repeat wrongs, or is happy with injustice, or temporary?
- Love Endures Forever: 8-10
Do you believe love will last forever?
- Love Brings Maturity: 11-12
Do you believe love matures over time and will finally be perfect in Heaven?
- Faith, HOPE, and Love: 13
Do you believe these gifts of God will last forever? Are you “Enjoying” loving and being loved? Do you agree that when our Hope is in Jesus, it will last forever?
One True God
1 John 4:7
(Let Us Love One Another)
In His Time
Peace & Harmony
Come Holy Spirit I Need You
Rob & Nay Tila Family
Where do you want to go?
Where do the Blue Navigation "Clicks" found at the bottom of this, and each page, take you?
"Q & A " - hope-24-7.com Key Contents Page
"ADVENT STUDY " - "Christmas is Hope" INDEX/Selection Page
- "< Prev" - The previous Study
- "Next >" - The next Study "Home " - hope-24-7.com Main Site Page